The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is a new EU Regulation which will replace the 1995 EU Data Protection Directive (DPD) to significantly enhance the protection of the personal data of EU citizens and increase the obligations on organizations who collect or process personal data. GDPR will come into effect on 25th May 2018 and will be applicable to all member states.
GDPR Compliance and Scope
While the current EU legislation (the 1995 EU Data Protection Directive) governs entities within the EU, the territorial scope of the GDPR is far wider in that it will also apply to non-EU businesses who a- market their products to people in the EU or who b- monitor the behavior of people in the EU. In other words, even if you’re based outside of the EU but you control or process the data of EU citizens, the GDPR will apply to you.
Our Commitment toward GDPR
We are totally committed to upholding the privacy and rights of our customers and their clients. The essence of the GDPR is in direct alignment with our core values of customer trust and data privacy. With that in mind, we are actively working toward defining our roadmap for GDPR to overhaul our systems and processes in accordance with the standards. We are committed to achieving GDPR compliance by the May 25th, 2018 deadline.
PrestaSian Features Geared toward GDPR Compliance
Our Customer’s data security remains our main priority. Our IT engineers work around the clock to ensure that our customer data is secure and easily accessible. While we are constantly enhancing our security parameters to keep in line with GDPR guidelines, PrestaSian includes the following out-of-the-box capabilities aimed at protecting personal data and privacy:
Anonymize IP address:
By default, PrestaSian never captures the full IP address of your website visitors. IP Retargeting has been disabled to ensure that your website push notification subscribers are rendered completely anonymous.
By Default, Web Push Notifications require website visitors to give explicit consent by allowing the receiving of notifications at a browser-level.
After accepting to receive notifications, the push notification service of the browser creates a randomly generated ID for the subscriber. This ID cannot be used to identify a particular individual.
Data rights of PrestaSian customers
Our customers can request access to data stored on the PrestaSian’s servers. End-users can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if they require assistance in disabling PrestaSian notification from a website they subscribed to
So, we’re committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and strictly follow the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules. In fact, PrestaSian website, plugins and all extensions are 100% GDPR-compatible.
PrestaSian addons and extensions
The PrestaSian addons and all extensions do not store or get any personal data from you or your website. There’s no external requests sent to our server except the update request for premium extensions.
Definition of personal data
When using our site (PrestaSian), we may ask you to provide us with personal data about you. Look, we are the human and we also love to do business with human! This is why we collect data from you to provide better services.
The term “personal data” means any data that directly or indirectly identifies an individual, which corresponds to your name, surname, photograph, postal, Country and email addresses, telephone numbers, certain data your transactions and recommendations on the site, details of your purchases and subscriptions, as well as any other information you choose to communicate to us about you.
@WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
In order to deliver the best services for our customers we collect and process the following types of information about you:
HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA
• to remind you of products you have placed in your shopping cart on the Website, but have not purchased (email reminder);
• to help us identify you purchase details and support period so that we can provide you quick support;
• to manage and improve the Website and the services we provide through the Website;
• to provide other services requested by you like custom changes in the Module or any other help;
• to address any inquiries, correspondence, concerns or complaints you have raised;
• for our internal operations, including data analysis, testing, research, statistical purposes and troubleshooting;
• to notify you about the new updates of the purchased module/service;
• to provide you with the information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about. We will only contact you via email with such information after getting your consent on the same.
• to provide the support and help in installation and configuration of the module;
Enrichment of data and specific methods of collecting information
PrestaSian may collect personal data through its website, from information and public databases. We use this data to enrich your profile and facilitate your user experience on the Site, especially in order to contextualize recommendations.
When you receive an invitation to recommend a Service Provider, this means that we have been mandated by the Service Provider to do so, as part of our collaboration: we are a subcontractor to collect its customer recommendations (you). To be able to use this service, they have certified to have your consent to send you messages concerning their company and your collaboration. They also undertake to fulfill their obligations regarding the outsourcing of data processing, under the GDPR (Consultable and available in our Terms and Conditions under the article “Subcontracting invitations to be recommended”)
WHO WE ARE
PrestaSian, is a group of Presta Passionate Developer from Asia, who working for a while on PrestaShop and developing your business needs through AddOns. You know how difficult to get the best and trending AddOns on PrestaShop Market to run an eCommerce shop.
III. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE AND STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The type of personal information that we process falls into three categories:
- Information we collect from Customers and Partners in connection with the provision of our Services;
- Information we collect and use when Targeted or End Users interact with our Customers’ and which we need to provide by our Products or Services; and
- Information that Site Visitors provide to us via the Site.
- Information We Collect from Customers and Partners
If you are one of our Customers or Partners (or a representative of one of our Customers or Partners), we collect the following information from you in connection with our legitimate business interests in order to appropriately target advertisements as part of our Services and, in the case of individual representatives of our Customers, to allow you to set up a user account and profile, to contact you, to fulfil your requests for certain products and Services (such as when you download our free products), to analyze how Customers utilize the products and services, to generate leads and to create industry influencers:
- Browser information
- Geographic data
- Payment Information from Partners
Customers and Partners wishing to opt out of receiving information from PrestaSian can click “UNSUBSCRIBE” in marketing emails or email us at email@example.com
The personal information you give us includes your first and Last Name, email address, phone number, address, financial information (such as credit or debit card details), as well as shipping address, billing address, and any other information that you consider necessary to provide us with.
We will also collect details such as FTP access, Support Access (via our Support), API details etc for providing the best support to you. We recommend our customers to create new credentials before giving access to the backend of the website.
How we collect personal information about you:
- • When you sign up to our newsletter or updates;
- • When you register with the Website, by email;
- • When you purchase an extension from our store;
- • if you complete a survey or send us feedback about our products, Websites;
- • if you contact or correspond with us (by email, Helpdesk, Live Chat or otherwise)
- • If you request contact us or hire us for custom changes/development services
When you provide us with personal information about your contacts we will only use this information for the specific reason for which it is provided in order to reach out. If you believe that one of your contacts has provided us with your personal information and you would like to request that it be removed from our database, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We process this information on the basis of our legitimate business interest.
Information You Provide to Us via Our Site
If you have provided us with a means of contacting you, we will use such means to communicate with you in relation to the purposes for which you provided your contact details and in relation to similar products or Services. If you do not want to receive communications from us, please indicate this by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that if you do not want to receive legal notices from us, those legal notices will still govern your use of the Services, and you are responsible for reviewing such legal notices for changes.
Additionally, you may sign up to download and receive blogs and different updates, communications from us by following the “Join Our Newsletter” link on our Site. If you would like to opt-out of receiving any information that you receive from us, you may update your email preferences by using the “UNSUBSCRIBE” link found in emails we send to you or at your member profile on our Site or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Where we ask for your consent to send you communications, we process the relevant data you provide us on the basis of that consent.
User Data Supplementation
We may receive information about you from other sources as required in connection with our legitimate interests, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data (including marketing data). We combine this data with information we already have about you to help us to update, expand and analyze our records, identify new Customers, deliver our marketing services and provide more tailored advertising, products and Services. If you provide us with personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Automated decision making
We perform the following automated decision-making processes using your personal information:
- To build lookalike targeting models to target users who are similar to the Customer’s existing users. Our Machine Learning does this automatically for every Customer. The more upfront device IDs Liftoff has, the more beneficial this is.
- For power predictive ML features e.g. users who have purchased in the past are much more likely to purchase again in the future
- To exclude existing users from User Acquisition campaigns, and power targeting rules for re-engagement campaigns e.g. target users who have registered but not purchased
Service / Products Analytics Platform Disclosure
If you are using our analytics platform, the use of information collected through our service shall be limited to the purpose of providing the Service for which you have engaged with PrestaSian.
As we’re offering you to download some of our PRESTASIAN modules for free, this is why we’ll collect some of your personal data (Name and your email address) for offering future free modules.
Once we receive your payment, your order information will be emailed to your email address within minutes. If you don’t receive such email in 24 hours, please contact us via our support center, we will check your order in our system and sync your purchase then you can access thdownloaded dashboard by accessing My Dashboard / Single purchase or My Dashboard / Membership Download.
Refund Policy – 30 days, no question asked
If you’re not happy with our product or support, you can ask for the refund within 30 days, No Question Asked. Once the refund request is sent, you will get a full refund. To request a refund please submit a request that contains your Transaction ID.
Moreover, please notice that refund policy won’t be applied for discounted and sale off items under no circumstance
We guarantee our products up-to-date with the latest version of PrestaShop. PrestaSian definitely provide free upgrades for products customers bought. When any upgrade is available, you can download it from each download category section. We will inform the availability of the upgrade via email that we gets from you and through our social chanel: Twitter, Facebook and other social channels.
1. PrestaSian provides free technical support for purchased products or modules via the ticket system. In general, this support is not available for FREE products.
2. For the product installation, PrestaSian asks buyers to refer to the installation instructions given in the product documentation.
3. In the case of extensions defects that do not result from any fault of the buyer’s and which have not been reasonably apparent during checking of the system requirements and testing before the purchase even under compliance with the required diligence, support will be free of charge.
4. Support is available for any product purchased from PrestaSian for a year after the purchase date, or as long as the annual subscription is renewed. Support includes the rectifying of issues arising from packaged theme features, bug fixes and basic usage questions. We do not provide support for our FREE modules.
PrestaSian does not offer support for PrestaShop itself (default modules of PrestaShop), or does not provide support for any third-party extensions you might choose to use with your purchased PrestaSian products or modules, troubleshooting issues occurring in versions of Internet Explorer older than version 8, PrestaShop Version < 1.5.x or customization.
We are unable to provide support that requires us to view websites with questionable content. Such content includes, but is not limited to, pornography, prostitution, racist content, possible scams, etc.
Email and Newsletters
We use your e-mail address for several reasons:
- In order to send you an email confirming your registration
- For some notifications (recommendations, contacts …)
- To answer your questions
In addition, we use your email address to send our newsletter and / or to send you offers that may interest you, only if you have authorized us. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the link at the end of each email. The emails you will receive will come exclusively from the company MailChimp.
We inform you to take all necessary precautions, organizational and technical measures to preserve the security, the integrity and the confidentiality of your personal data and in particular, to prevent that they are deformed, damaged or that unauthorized third parties have access to it . We may or may also use secure payment systems that comply with the state of the art and applicable regulations.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to modify this charter at any time, in whole or in part. These changes will come into effect as of the publication of the new charter. Your use of the site following the entry into force of these amendments will be worth recognition and acceptance of the new charter. Otherwise, if this new charter does not suit you, you will no longer have to access the site.
Coming into force
This charter came into force on September 22, 2018.